SEO is one of the most effective marketing solutions for many businesses today. Besides boosting search engine rankings, SEO also adds value to brands. However, for each search engine, the SEO process is different. Especially between SEO keywords on Google and keywords on Baidu (top of the world’s most used search engines). The main difference between Google and Baidu affects how to optimize and develop an effective search marketing strategy.
What’s the difference between keyword SEO on Google and Baidu?
*This is the first time you know about the website, please read through the article
- What is an overall SEO service and is it expensive?
- What items does the keyword SEO service quote include?
In China, Baidu is considered the most popular search engine used by the people here and is also known by another name as the “Google of China”.
In actual research, Baidu holds the majority of search engine market share with 78.4% and is many times larger than Google with only 1.9% (in addition, other search engines like Sogou account for 13.8%, Haosou is 2.2% and Bing is 2%). Therefore, to succeed in this world’s most populous country, you must have a broader view of SEO as well as a clear understanding of how users in China interact with the Internet.
Due to the difference in user behavior and Chinese people’s preference for using Baidu, formulating a development strategy is likely to separate from the silo structure of SEO and work with stakeholders. other of the Marketing channel. Before embarking on the development of any marketing strategy in China, it is of utmost importance that you establish your measurable goals and how you will track and observe them. Plus, an important part of this job is that you need to properly install the Baidu Tongji and Baidu Ziyuan analytics web platforms on your website.
In this article, we will help you better understand the development of your search marketing strategy in China and the key differences between the two most popular search engines today, Google and Baidu.
The 1st step in developed China market research strategy is to understand how Chinese users interact with net services. Baidu search engine operates with more than 50 activities ranging from Search, Maps, encyclopedia to anti-virus.
In fact, in the past years, the Baidu market has been expanding and has penetrated many different markets, from Baijob (a super job search), Qunar (a travel super search) to IQiyi (a large online entertainment website). Therefore, it is important to understand that in theory, some users can only interact with Baidu content online, outside of viewing third-party websites.
In addition, Baidu’s search results pages often update many unique properties, so the results of identifying high traffic or high engagement are not as simple as ranking linearly from page 1 to page 10. .
Keyword SEO on Google and Baidu
It can be said that Baidu is the “Google of China” because of its similar characteristics to the search engine on Google. However, there are also certain differences between Baidu and Google, and this has a big impact on your SEO strategy. Because, it is not possible to use Google’s strategy to apply to the search engine market in China. That is, it is not possible to use keyword SEO on Google to use SEO on Baidu. Before going into a more in-depth analysis of differences to serve the strategy building process, you need to consider a few basic differences:
- First, Baidu’s image AI section is still not up to the same standards as Google’s, even though Baidu is a pro in machine learning. For that, you need to rely on your image alts and meta data to increase visibility and improve your site’s chances of ranking on Baidu. This process is quite similar to keyword SEO on Google, so you can easily apply it in the process of doing it with Baidu.
- Baidu can still be affected by meta keywords, so these should be optimized the same way you would optimize keywords for an article.
- One more thing you also need to keep in mind is that the content must be written in Simplified Chinese. Structured content such as widgets, sidebars, menus, footers and alt images should also be taken into account when exploring search engine optimization in the Chinese market.
Use Marketing & PR to speed up the Baidu index
The main difference between Baidu and Google is how Baidu crawls and indexes web pages. As we know, Baidu bots can active crawlers but when it comes to indexing search engine is different from the Google. Google will slowly index a web page when it discovers a URL, but in Baidu, this process can be accelerated and accelerated through marketing and PR strategy. By driving searches and generating positive signals for users, you can increase awareness of your brand or website.
Social Media Impact on Baidu SEO
China is a huge market and full of potential. However, when the people here are so familiar with using Baidu, what is the solution for other search engines to exploit this fertile market? One question is “ How do I start building a social SEO strategy for companies that want to break into the Chinese market?”
In China, WeChat and Sina Weibo are considered two popular social networking sites here. On the other hand, users also regularly visit online communities including LinkedIn and Tencent QQ. Baidu-owned platforms such as Tieba, Zhihu and Douban are also regularly used.
All content on Sina Weibo is indexed and used by Google on the search engine. For the purpose of creating (more than usual) snippet-like pieces of content in its search results pages.
Plus, a good Sina Weibo strategy can help your brand rank for real-time and topic-based queries (like a Twitter carousel) and can also attract more visits on Twitter. SERP (search results page) for your branded searches. Besides, you should also pay attention to a few things:
- Regularly update the Weibo page and don’t just share/copy content from other social media channels and your website.
- Attracting as many followers as possible when the data correlates with unbranded queries, Baidu takes into account the number of genuine page followers as an indicator of brand credibility.
- Verify your page is official according to Sina Weibo’s guidelines as these tend to perform better in Search for both branded and unbranded terms.
Mobile web design for Google and Baidu
Mobile search (and indexing) plays an important role in the number of searches per year. Since Google announced and rolled out the mobile-friendly update, the SEO industry has also had stronger service promotion activities.
However, Internet usage in China is slower (compared to some Western countries) and as internet penetration has spread, the types of technology devices have also grown in leaps and bounds. A phone with the main function of making and receiving calls can also access the network like a real desktop computer.
Refer to 9 more ways to SEO keywords on Google to bring keywords to TOP 1 of Google effectively
China had a relatively high share of internet access on mobile devices at 66% in 2010, and by 2015 that number had grown to 90.1%. Therefore, a pressing requirement with your mobile website is to have the same technical and user performance capabilities as your desktop site. This also means that your website needs to be built with the right features and functions for modern mobile users . For example, in the field of e-commerce, users can pay for a product or service without having to withdraw their wallet.
In case, your website is not mobile-friendly, you can take advantage of the Transcoding feature on Baidu’s app. This helps you take your website content from not being mobile-friendly to “experience” that is structurally smartphone-friendly.
Why mention “experience” and not “version”? The main reason is that Baidu will remove any elements that it determines are not mobile-friendly from your device. This means you could lose out on key images, body copy, CTAs, and important conversion factors. Besides, it also affects your performance reporting and conversions. Because Baidu has equipped itself with a prominent back button on the user’s viewing portal, and in any case, this overlay button stands out more than your site navigation. Technically, these pages exist as *.baidu.com, so will not trigger analytics tracking code or event triggers on the website.
6 magical steps SEO keywords on Google to TOP 1 fastest, most effective
Step 1: Overall Website Optimization
The first important task for an SEOer is to optimize the entire website so that it meets Google’s standards. As a result, Google will support as well as give a high rating to your website and help the post easily get to the top.
For the overall optimization of the website, you need to focus on the process of standardizing the structure of the website such as: Title tags, H1, H2, optimizing images, url tags, .. as well as creating and updating update sitemap.
Step 2: Analyze and select keywords
Building a set of SEO keywords is an extremely important step because it determines the results and costs. Here are some of our suggestions for analyzing and selecting keywords in the process of keyword SEO on Google and refer to 10 more free keyword analysis tools you should experience for SEO .
- First, you should choose keywords with a length of 4-7 words: medium and low length keywords will have higher competition and faster time to the top than 1-3 word keywords. Besides, with this length, the conversion rate to customers is higher because it accurately describes the user’s needs. Note that the more detailed the keyword, the more accurately the customer’s desire is, the easier it is to get to the top.
- Geolocation keywords: If you are selling products/services at a specific location, the keyword can be combined with a local name. This process will help customers easily access your sales website as well as push keywords to the top.
Step 3: Build content for selected keywords
With the selected keywords, you should proceed to build quality content, complete but equally separate and unique. This will help Google easily push your keywords to the Top without going backlinks. Some factors to ensure with the content of the keyword:
- The first thing that is also considered the most important is that the content must be completely unique, not copied exactly.
- About 400-600 words in length, with full sapo, content as well as conclusion.
- Insert 1-2 related images, with alt for each image.
- Keyword density should be spread evenly throughout the content.
Step 4: On-page optimization for the main website
After researching keywords as well as quality content for your keywords. You should start standardizing the content and structure of your page according to Google’s criteria. A few key:
- The Title section should be short, easy to understand, containing keywords, about 40-60 words in length.
- The URL path ensures that it is readable by Google and that users can perceive the URL to be unsigned and separated by a “-“.
- The Title and Description tags must be visible when viewing the page.
- H1 tags should be used for the title, H2 and H3 tags should be used for the points in the article.
Refer to 15 more On-page SEO factors to help increase keyword rankings sustainably .
Step 5: Build quality backlinks for the article
This is considered one of the important factors to help push keywords to the top quickly. It should be noted that backlinks should be placed at websites with related content to avoid spam and traffic without conversion rate.
Step 6: Wait and continue to build more completed content
After completing the above steps, you are almost done with keyword SEO. The next step, you need to track the movement of keyword rankings to add and create more new content, in accordance with the needs and desires of customers.
To track keyword rankings quickly, you should refer to the article Keyword ranking – keyword rank: Top 5 free/paid tools .
Achieving success in international SEO requires a deep understanding of each market you want to do business in. Especially, with markets like China, the process of developing keyword SEO on Google has become even more difficult. Because, you need to spend a lot of time to develop a strategy and gradually change the habits of users when using today’s search engines.